All over treatments: for those with less than 50% gray AND hair less within 6"-10" long (depending on thickness).
Root treatments: for under 30% gray roots, using a half kit/single portion. Find measurements here
Welcome to the world of Hairprint, the only product in the world that restores gray hair to its true color— odorless, gentle, hypoallergenic, and safe. Hairprint works for Dark, Brown, and Light Brown hair. It works on all hair types and ethnicities but does not work for red, reddish, bleached, or blonde hair. If your hair is dyed, bleached, highlighted, or relaxed, please see our Transition Tips before applying Hairprint. These can be found at Support at www.myhairprint.com.
- Wear gloves when mixing and applying Hairprint.
- Hairprint can stain hands, clothing, bathroom tiles, and porous materials. Stains can be removed with OxiClean Stain Remover.
- We recommend using older, dark towels and clothing for the treatment.
- Use a clean dry bowl (anything but aluminum) that can hold a quart or more because the mixture expands.
- We recommend placing olive or coconut oil on the forehead and ears to prevent coloration.
Before You Apply
When Hairprint has access to the hair, it works beautifully. However, there are many chemicals and compounds in today’s shampoos, conditioners, and styling products—including a number of ingredients labeled "natural"—that coat, clog, or cover the hair and leave a residue. We need to eliminate residue buildup in order for Hairprint to work. In order to remove buildup, we highly recommend our Chelating Shampoo.
A week before applying Hairprint please discontinue use of hair care products that contain or might contain ingredients that cause buildup of residue. Use Chelating Shampoo 3-4 times in the prior week.
For people with less than 30% gray and less than 10 inches in length. Inside your kit you will find
- 1 Prepare Pretreatment
- 2 Restore Powders
- 2 Restore Liquids
- 1 Complete Powder
- 1 Complete Liquid
For people with more than 30 percent gray, we recommend Hairprint Plus™ which contains an extra application of Restore components.
What you will need:
- Non-aluminum bowl 1 quart or larger
- Dark Towels
- Button-down shirt that you do not mind staining
- Prepare. Apply the entire contents of the Prepare Pretreatment shampoo to the hair that is being restored. Please be mindful of the hairline, temples, sideburns and resistant gray areas. Leave the Prepare Pretreatment on hair for 5-20 minutes. Stubborn, ropy hair responds to a longer treatment. For thin hair, five minutes is enough. Rinse and towel dry.
- Restore. With gloved hands pour one packet of Restore Powder into the bowl. Then add one packet of Restore Liquid. Mix with brush provided. The mixture will swell and expand. Once the mixture takes on a reddish hue begin to apply by packing layers of the Restore mixture onto resistant gray areas first. Continue to apply by pressing the mixture in to the hair with gloved hands. Use as much of the mixture as your hair will allow. The Restore mixture will turn black. Do not be alarmed as this does not indicate the color of your results. The application process should be completed within 6 minutes. Once applied leave the mixture on for 15 -20 minutes
- After 15-20 minutes take your gloved hands and wipe away excess mixture from the hair. If you have fine/thin hair or sensitive scalp you may rinse your hair with warm water. Rinse the bowl and dry.
- Repeat Step 2. When complete, rinse with warm water and towel dry.
- Complete: In a bowl pour out entire contents of Complete Powder. Add the Complete Liquid and stir with provided brush. The Complete mixture will turn purple and then black and not expand as much as the previous mixture. Apply the Complete mix to the hair within 6 minutes. Leave the Complete mixture on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and condition your hair with Hairprint Amla or Bio-Active Kelp Conditioner.