This application method is ideal for root touch-ups for those that struggle with coverage, have high level (50% or more) gray and any amount of white hair.
Before you begin-
We recommend you begin with our Chelating Shampoo (which acts as clarifying shampoo and chelator or mineral/oxidizer remover in one). 80% of municipal water is hard water, and all well water is hard water. These shampoos are for Pre-Hairprint only. They are not meant as a substitute for regular use shampoos.
Measurements- One full kit applied in two portions
Hairprint® cannot be measured by volume or ounces. To divide your kit you will need a gram scale. We recommend a scale that measures to at least one tenth of a gram.
Restore Powders should be divided to weigh - 17.5 grams each
Restore Liquids should be divided to weigh- 56 grams each
Complete Powder should be divided to weigh- 5 grams each
Complete Liquid should be divided to weigh 56 grams each
*Note about Prepare Pretreatment- You do not need to pull Prepare Pretreatment all the way through if you are treating new growth roots only. Using Prepare on the length too frequently or using Prepare on previously chemically processed hair can result in temporary dryness. You can buy additional pre-treatment here if needed.
Directions for one full kit applied in two equal portions-
*Please consult our How to make the best of your Hairprint True Color Restorer Application Article before using Hairprint. You need to follow our detox recommendations to ensure best results.
Always use the entire sachet of Prepare pre-treatment. Thoroughly work the pre-treatment into the hair, paying special attention to areas of resistant grays. Leave the pre-treatment on the hair for up to 30 minutes. Wash the face, hairline and side burns with a teaspoon of Prepare.
If you feel like your grays are especially resistant you can utilize Baking Soda as well. During the last 15 minutes of your Prepare Pretreatment Step wet a toothbrush with water and dip in to baking soda. It will make a paste. Brush the paste on to your roots and stubborn gray hairs only. Use the brush in sweeping downward motion from root to end of treatment area. Once you have covered your resistant gray let the paste sit on the hair until it is time to rinse the Prepare Shampoo from your hair.
1. Apply first half of the first Restore Liquid/Powder Mix. Apply the mix to roots quickly. Allow to sit on the hair for up to 20 minutes.
2. Apply second portion of first Restore Liquid/Powder Mix. Set timer for 20 minutes.
3. Rinse with tepid water.
4. Apply first half of second Restore Liquid/Powder Mix. Leave on for up to 20 minutes.
5. Apply remaining portion of Restore Liquid/Powder Mix. Leave on for up to 20 minutes.
6. Rinse with tepid water.
7. Apply first half of Complete Liquid/Powder Mix. Set timer for 20 minutes.
8. Apply remaining portion of Complete Liquid/Powder Mix. Set timer for 20 minutes.
9. Rinse with cool water and Condition the hair. DO NOT use any of the Hairprint detox shampoos for a final rinse and for 7 days after application. Avoid standard shampoo for 24 hours. You are free to apply Nutritive Oils, Botanical Elixirs, hair masks and other nourishing products of your choice.
This method works well for increasing gray coverage on challenging roots. If your hair non-gray hair is porous and/or damaged, using this method may darken your hair significantly. This dark results is temporary. Please allow up to a week for your color to soften and become more dimensional.