Hairprint True Color Restorer’s patented and gentle gray restoration treatment must be applied to clean hair. Truly clean hair is free of all oils and synthetic ingredients that can coat and clog the hair. Natural oils and synthetic ingredients such as quats, silicones and proteins, will negatively impact your results.
Please read carefully through our “Ingredients To Avoid” article and then familiarize yourself with the ingredients in your shampoos, conditioners, styling products and hair treatments.
With a proper detox, not only will your restoration be better, but the results will be longer lasting.
7 days before application:
- Discontinue use of all hair products (shampoo, conditioners, styling products, treatments and oils)
- Use Chelating Shampoo 1-2x week, leave on for 5 minutes, rinse and follow with Hairprint Conditioner. If you notice that after using the Chelating Shampoo your hair feels sticky or oily please follow up with a second cleanse to help remove excessive silicone build up.
- Use Hairprint Daily Shampoos and Conditioners every 2-3 days as needed during this time. If you do not have these available, you can substitute with baking soda as shampoo and apple cider vinegar as a conditioning rinse.
3 days before application
- Discontinue use of Hairprint Conditioners (they contain lovely natural oils) and be mindful of any skincare products used close to the hairline/sideburns.
24 hours before application:
- Wash with Chelating Shampoo, leave on 5 minutes and rinse. Do NOT follow with any other products. If your hair is prone to being dry, you can use an apple cider vinegar rinse following this wash.
After years of researching ingredients and trying to help our AMAZING customers find haircare that does not contain insidious synthetic ingredients, we have formulated our own hair care products that work seamlessly with our treatment. These are currently the ONLY products we can guarantee will not block Hairprint Color Restorer results.
Detox seem too long?
If you make the switch to our Hairprint Daily Hair Care, and discontinue using styling products that contain silicones, quats and heavy oils, you need only follow the 3-day detox for following root/regrowth applications. This is ONLY the case after your initial detox and initial application. If you choose to go back to or use conventional haircare, then you will need to do the full 7-day detox before each application.
If at any time you need assistance, we love to hear from you! Please reach out to us on Help Desk